Date posted: May 13, 2019
Location: Kitimat BC
Status: Full-Time / Temporary / Seconded to BJM Joint Venture
The CWB Welding Supervisor and must comply with applicable CSA 47.1 and 59 standards and all of the requirements as outlined by the Canadian Welding Bureau. They will safely work in a team environment to achieve a consistent high level of quality and productivity in all aspects of the job. The position of Welding Supervisor includes, but is not limited to production welding, service and repair welding and fitting. Additionally, the Welding Supervisor will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions. This position will work with welders to ensure continuous improvements in welding according to pre-set parameters using FCAW, MCAW and SMAW welding processes. The Welding Supervisor requires advanced knowledge of welding equipment, construction materials and fabrication techniques and ensures that weld quality and workmanship are up to the levels specified by the design or product standard.
- Four (4) years’ experience welding on heavy duty construction or marine equipment (or a minimum of 1000 hours).
- Welder Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement or a Welder B Certificate.
- CWB Welding Supervisor Certification and previous experience as a CWB Welding Supervisor, preferred.
- Experience in SMAW, MIG and TIG.
- Working knowledge and basic experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (per company insurance requirements).
- CSTS-09 certificate.
Health and Safety
- Strictly adhere to the OHS Manual.
- Follow safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Follow the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and requirements of the Canadian Welding Bureau.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
Operational Performance and Best Practices
- Under the direction of the Superintendent or Project Manager prepare and submit to the CWB Group for acceptance, a detailed set of welding procedures consisting of:
- Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) for each welding process used.
- Welding Procedure Data Sheets (WPDS) for each welding process used, joint configuration, electrode type, etc.
- Be familiar with the QC inspection process, and will follow all established QC procedures
- Quality and consistency in their welds is a must. Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ensure continuous improvements in welding according to pre-set parameters using FCAW, MCAW and SMAW welding processes.
- Using required welding techniques (with appropriate equipment) to assemble fabricated metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Reading and interpreting drawings, welding processes and welding specifications
- Perform fabrications based on applicable drawings and specifications.
- Prepare inspection, maintenance, work reports and record details on prescribed forms and log books in accordance with established company procedures.
- Assist in training, directing and supervision of junior employees and apprentices.
- Lead by example.
- Wear, and participate in the ongoing training of, the required PPE for the position.