Date revised: August 13, 2019
Location: Kitimat BC
JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
- This role is based at the LNGC Material Offloading Facility Project on a shift rotation that includes working weekends and holidays, overtime and being on stand-by or ready for call-outs.
- The incumbent works a 10 hour daily schedule that may include day and nightshifts.
- LNGC offers a full range of comfortable contemporary living conditions on site.
- Operation at a construction site working outdoors, working closely with other mobile equipment, equipment operators, construction site crews and the public.
JJM is recruiting for a number of skilled workers for current and upcoming projects in the Kitimat BC area. Applicants must have a valid driver’s licence and have Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-09) certification, in addition to the position specific qualifications outlined under each position vacancy, as follows:
Health and Safety
- Strictly adhere to the JJM Construction OHS Manual.
- Follow JJM Construction safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Follow the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
- Crane Operator (Lattice Friction) – Must be registered with the BC Association for Crane Safety (BCACS). Possess valid crane certification (Level A or B, or Provincial Red Seal equivalent). All crane operators must have the appropriate crane type credential issued by the ITA or Fulford CraneSafe. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a crane operator. Marine construction, dredge and pile driving experience (preferred).
- Heavy Duty Mechanic – Interprovincial Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic trade certification. Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a related field. Prior experience with Caterpillar, Hitachi and Manitowoc equipment.
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate (preferred). Minimum of five (5) years’ operating experience for each piece of heavy equipment required for the project (compactors, dozers, back-hoes, excavators, front-end loaders, wheel loaders and graders). Demonstrated knowledge in civil construction/ underground utility construction.
- Skilled Labourer – Minimum of three (3) years’ experience on a construction site. Demonstrated mechanical ability. Physically fit, with excellent stamina and the ability to perform hard manual labour.