Date posted: October 10, 2019
Location: Kitimat BC
JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
We are seeking an experienced Pile Driver / Bridgeman to join our project team. Key areas of responsibility will be to construct, install, repair or remove all types of deep piles and caisson foundations and other types of marine installations: such as bridges, docks, wharves, tunnels and bulkheads. Skills required are fitting, welding, rigging, formwork and timber / concrete construction, seamanship, heavy-duty equipment operation, and environmentally safe practices. All work must be completed in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life..
JJM Construction Ltd. is part of BJM JV, a joint venture between BAM International, JJM Construction Ltd. and Manson Construction. BJM is one of the larger contractors of the LNGC Project in Kitimat, BC.
- This role is based at the Material Offloading Facility (MOF) among the first phases for the LNG Canada development on a 14 days in/ 7 days out rotation that includes working weekends and holidays, overtime and being on stand-by or ready for callouts.
- The incumbent works a 10-hour daily schedule that may include day and nightshifts.
- LNGC offers a full range of comfortable contemporary camp living conditions on site.
- Travel allowance provided for non-local residents. Note: there are no accommodations for local residents, including those residing in Terrace. Company provided shuttle transportation will be provided from Terrace to the project site.
JJM Construction Ltd. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace with safety as a primary consideration in all we do.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Piledriver or Bridgeworker in a land or marine based industrial setting.
- Experience with combi-wall and sheet pile installation preferred.
- Welding experience would be considered an asset.
- ITA Certificate of Qualification Piledriver and Bridgeworker, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (per company insurance requirements).
- CSTS-09 certificate.
The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the essential functions, while providing the highest quality construction services and products safely, effectively and efficiently to ensure JJM Construction’s principle of “Building to Last” endures for future generations.
Health and Safety
- Strictly adhere to the JJM Construction OHS Manual.
- Follow JJM Construction safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
Operational Performance and Best Practices
- Ability to install and erect piles, use pile driving equipment.
- Use ladders, manlifts, scaffolds and access equipment, rigging and hoisting equipment, rigging techniques, assemble and disassemble cranes and use support equipment.
- Lead by example.
- Wear, and participate in the ongoing training of, the required PPE for the position.