Date Posted: March 9, 2020
Location: Kitimat BC (Fly-In/Fly-Out)
JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled workforce, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs, and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
JJM is hiring a Piling Supervisor to work under a secondment arrangement with our Joint Venture team at the LNGC Material Offloading Facility Project in Kitimat, for approximately 6 months. This position reports to the Piling Works Manager, will have oversight for piling crews and will interact with the Engineers, Health & Safety Manager and Environmental Manager.
- Safe installation of both tubular piles using Vibro-hammer and hydraulic impact hammer
- Safe installation of sheet piles using Vibro-hammer
- Organization work and work crews on the piling operations
- Supervise the piling crews ensuring compliance with project and WSBC regulations
- Supervise piling crews and ensure compliance with project and regulatory environmental requirements
- Training and mentoring crews – “hands-on” coaching may be required.
- Carry out daily toolbox talks with crews.
• Review and sign off timesheets
- Monitoring and reviewing work being carried out
- Control and inspection of temporary works
- Ordering materials
- Preparation and planning for your section of the work
- Reporting on progress
Required Experience & Education
- 7 to 10 years of recent work experience installing large diameter tubular and sheet piles
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience in oil and gas projects considered an asset
- Strong health and safety record with a good working knowledge of environmental regulations
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Sets a high personal standard and leads by example.
- Ability to work under pressure and follow procedures whilst still being innovative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to work similar projects at the end of the secondment considered an advantage
- This role is based at the LNGC Material Offloading Facility Project in Kitimat.
- LNGC offers a full range of comfortable contemporary living conditions on site.
- Operation at a construction site working outdoors, working closely with other mobile equipment, equipment operators, construction site crews and the public.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s licence, clean driver’s abstract, and have Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-09) certification (or willing to obtain), in addition to the position-specific qualifications outlined above.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Strictly adhere to the JJM Construction OHS Manual.
- Follow JJM Construction’s safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Follow the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance