Date posted: February 22, 2019
Location: Delta BC
JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
A Surveyor/Grademan directs and conducts surveys to determine site boundaries and prepares and maintains plans and records at construction sites. All work is to be performed in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life. Surveyors liaise with Project Managers, Project Superintendents, site Foreman regarding budgets, timing requirements, priority and survey methodology used.
JJM Construction Ltd. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace with safety as a primary consideration in all we do.
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ surveyor experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with proficiency in Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Robotic Total Station surveying.
- Proficiency and experience in AutoCAD and other related software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with both eye and laser levels.
- CSTS-09 certificate.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (per company insurance requirements).
The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the essential functions, while providing the highest quality construction services and products safely, effectively and efficiently to ensure JJM Construction’s principle of “Building to Last” endures for future generations.
Health and Safety
- Strictly adhere to the JJM Construction OHS Manual.
- Follow JJM Construction safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Follow the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
Operational Performance and Best Practices
- Manage and perform field surveys.
- Plan, direct and conduct surveys to establish and mark property boundaries.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Superintendents and Foreman regarding budgets, timing requirements, priority and survey methodology used.
- Work with Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Robotic Total Station survey for construction layout and record of measurement.
- Direct and assist the Grademan to perform work as per the contract specifications.
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in the formats required by the Project Manager Engineer.
- Review field and office procedures regarding survey matters.
- Work with computers and electronic equipment to determine precise locations.
- Review all safe work practices and procedures associated with the job prior to ask execution.
- Carry out work in a manner that will not jeopardize own/others safety.
- Lead by example.
- Wear, and participate in the ongoing training of, the required PPE for the position/task at hand.
- Perform housekeeping tasks and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.