JJM is a family owned company with a reputation for BUILDING TO LAST. We are one of BC’s premiere heavy civil and marine construction firms and specialize in full-scope construction services for civil, marine, and combined civil/marine projects.
JJM has the experience, resources, and management capability to ensure the safe and successful completion of every job. One of our strengths is mass and precision excavation and materials handling on land and water—but we tackle projects large or small, simple or complex. We own and operate our large equipment fleet, and we are always focused on finding smarter and more creative ways to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
JJM is a well-established and family owned enterprise with a reputation for delivering quality and value. We have been family owned since 1952 and amalgamated into JJM Construction Ltd. in 1988. Our history is a history of growth, growth that we continue to focus on today.
JJM has become one of British Columbia’s leading heavy civil and marine construction contracting firms. In 1991, JJM purchased Miller Contracting Ltd. (the first generation Miller family construction company) and these two corporate entities were amalgamated in 2002. JJM’s history and experience are intertwined with that of Miller Contracting Ltd., which from modest beginnings in the mid-1940s grew into one of BC’s premier civil and marine contracting firms.
Over our 65+ years in operation, we have earned a reputation for providing innovative and cost effective solutions that save clients both time and money; having effective systems, processes and policies in place; and having a project history that demonstrates a depth of expertise and experience.
Our Mission serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- To specialize in heavy civil and marine construction
- To attract and retain quality people through recruitment, training, and effective processes.
- To foster a corporate culture where our people have a safe, respectful and rewarding work environment.
- To deliver projects on schedule and on budget
- To optimize resource utilization
- To seek business opportunities that optimize and grow our multi-disciplinary capabilities.
- To continue to grow and strengthen our relationships with First Nations Entities
- To establish and develop strategic partnerships that meet or exceed customer requirements.
Growing our people, resources, and relationships to be the preferred provider of quality construction services while building an innovative and sustainable organization.
Our Values serve as a moral compass for our actions and guide how we behave every day and ensure our actions reflect well on ourselves, our colleagues, and our clients. JJM’s core values are:
- Safety – Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
- Quality – Commitment to excellence and building with quality
- Environment – Develop and maintain a corporate culture of environmental stewardship.
- Integrity – follow honest and transparent business principles in all that we do.
- Commitment – Do what we say we are going to do.
- Entrepreneurship – Continually seek out opportunities to innovate, to be challenged and to grow.
- Accountability – Be leaders who take responsibility and ownership for what we do.
- Acknowledgement – Take pride in achievements and celebrate successes.
- Stewardship – Recognize JJM as a sustainable resource and manage it wisely. Global and local issues affect our people and community. We understand that as a company, our access to people and resources allows us to become stewards of both the planet and its inhabitants. At JJM, we acknowledge our role in transforming the social, economic and environmental landscape through supporting community involvement, donations and sponsorships.
We are committed to the highest standard of project execution, professionalism and ethical business practice. We understand the importance of treating our people with respect and dignity by creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that encourages collective success through our common beliefs, work ethics, and drive to provide quality services and products that are built to last.
Chaired by the President, our executive committee is responsible for the leadership of JJM Construction Ltd. The Executive Committee monitors and evaluates all areas of the company’s performance and is focused on making sound business decisions. It monitors all activities throughout the organization to ensure continual improvement, is accountable to its key stakeholders, and held responsible for everything the company does. The Executive Committee sets the strategic direction for the organization, ensuring that everything the company does supports the organization’s Vision and Mission
M.Sc., PMP, P.Eng, FEC.
Vice President, Construction
N.J. (Dee) Miller
Vice President, Finance and Corporate Services
Vice President, Estimating and Construction Services
Director, Quality Management and Construction Services
Director, Asset Management
Director, Human Resources