Date Posted: June 4, 2020
Location: Delta BC
JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of heavy civil construction including structural, marine construction, and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right. JJM Construction Ltd. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace with safety as a primary consideration in all we do.
Reporting to the Controller, the Junior Accountant represents the best interests of the company in the successful delivery of assigned tasks. The Junior Accountant is primarily responsible for delivering service to both internal and external customers with respect to the administration of accounts payable and purchase orders.
- Enter and track Accounts Payable invoices in the A.I.R system
- Post invoices into the ERP system once they have been approved with complete coding, backup documentation and authorization
- Manage the workflow in A.I.R system; set up individual for the appropriate job and change personnel when necessary
- Responsible for Accounts Payable filing
- Responsible for supplier account reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Liaise with Auditor on Accounts Payable issues
- Ensure Accounts Payable posting and supplier statements are current and accurate for year-end
- Reconcile and code all Corporate Credit Card purchases
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable related correspondence as required, including invoices on hold, until resolution is reached
- Responsible for identifying invoices that require PST self-assessment
- Reconcile fuel purchase receipts
- Reconcile employee expense accounts for Delta
- Enter and issue purchase order in the ERP system for the Operation Division (i.e. project sites).
- Ensure purchase order has the correct authorization approval based on the authorization matrix.
- Track all outstanding purchase order in the ERP system and close completed or cancelled ones
- Responsible for collecting necessary documentations to support accounts payable invoice and payment (e.g. packing slip)
- Responsible for promptly presenting a polite and courteous first-impression of the organization to clients via telephone or in person
- Maintain work method manuals
- Achieve annual Key Performance Indicators
- Perform other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability as may from time to time be required
- Support JJM’s Values (Safety, Quality, Environment, Integrity, Commitment, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Acknowledgement and Stewardship)
- Lead by example
- Certificate or Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience, including responsibility for accounts payable and purchase orders
- Working towards or desire to work towards a CPA designation
- Proficient in MS Office software (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Strong administration and organizational skills with an ability to handle confidential materials in a professional manner
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail
- Willing to work under tight deadlines as well as additional hours as required; excellent time-management skills required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills including follow-through
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency and high standards for quality production and performance
- Polite, courteous and professional demeanor
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and have a clean driving record
Please forward your resumé along with a cover letter stating how your experience and qualifications are a match for this opportunity as well as your salary expectations.