Date posted: December 21, 2021
Location: Delta BC
JJM Construction is one of British Columbia’s leading heavy civil and marine construction contractors. Building on a foundation of safety, quality and performance, JJM is committed to innovation and environmental stewardship—pushing the industry forward while remaining mindful of the planet. JJM has been COR certified through the BC Construction Safety Alliance since 2004.
The Project Manager provides leadership to efficiently coordinate and manage all job site requirements to meet and surpass our clients’ expectations, ensuring that assigned projects are completed safely, on time, on budget, and while meeting financial targets. This is a permanent, full-time position, with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning and the logistics of assigned projects.
- Develop written work plans and methodologies, and coordinate material approvals.
- Plan and coordinate all project resources and activities. Ensure the availability of all resources including equipment, staff and materials prior to and during project execution.
- Lead the project team in delivering a professional service and high-quality product.
- Ensure that the testing and inspection requirements outlined in the Project Quality Control Plan are performed, documented and submitted to the owner in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop relationships with the owner and other stakeholders to create effective strategies to complete the scope of work.
- Take a leadership role, ensuring the requirements outlined in the JJM Occupational Health and Safety Manual and the Project Health & Safety Plan are performed and documented in a timely manner and reported as required.
- Ensure that the requirements outlined in the Project Environmental Management Plan are performed.
- Responsible to assign the roles and duties as outlined in the project-specific work plans.
- Supervise assigned staff. Must contribute actively in team discussion, sharing experiences, best practices and ideas.
- Lead by example.
- Reports directly to the Construction Manager.
- Develops and maintains effective working relations with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure both JJM and the owner’s requirements are achieved. Assists the estimating team developing project budgets.
- Authorize requisition of materials, resources and equipment. Monitor costs and ensure budget requirements are met.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years’ Project Management experience in a progressive Leadership capacity. Project Management (PMP Certification) and Engineering degree preferred. A combination of technical training plus experience/knowledge of construction (civil preferred) and design will be considered.
- Superior communication skills (written and spoken) and credible interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy and influence, etc.).
- The ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance while providing guidance and inspiration.
- Have practical and innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong core Safety value and approach.
- Solid understanding of cost control and budget management. Efficient and accurate ability to evaluate job costs and schedules.
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Excel, Word and Outlook) and the ability to work in Microsoft Project and construction management/estimating software. Knowledge and proficiency in HeavyBid software will be an advantage.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and have a clean driving record.
- Must be willing and able to relocate to future project locations when necessary (including locations out of town and out of province).
- Willing to work additional hours as required. Willing and able to travel to meet the demands of the project.
- Able to perform physically demanding work may be required.
- Perform other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability as may, from time to time, be required.
Occupational Health and Safety Leadership
- Strictly adhere to the JJM Construction OHS Manual.
- Follow JJM Construction safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Ensure that Team Members are equipped with the information, knowledge, training and supervision to work safely.
- Identify, control and communicate all known hazards to Team members under your supervision.
- Provide required PPE and ensure Team Members are aware of proper use, inspection and maintenance requirements.
- Follow the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
- Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
Please email your resumé and cover letter to Gary Muuren, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com, stating how your experience and qualifications are a match for this opportunity as well as your salary expectations.