Date posted: August 13, 2019
Location: Delta BC
JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
A Surveyor directs and conducts surveys to determine site boundaries and prepares and maintains plans and records at construction sites. All work is to be performed in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life. Surveyors liaise with Project Managers, Project Superintendents, site Foreman regarding budgets, timing requirements, priority and survey methodology used.
JJM Construction Ltd. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace with safety as a primary consideration in all we do. Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ surveyor experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with & proficiency in Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Robotic Total Station surveying.
- Knowledge and experience with the collection of any/all single and multi-beam, side-scan sonar, sub-bottom profilers, magnetometer and familiarity with hydrographic data processing and analysis software, such as Hydropro, Hypack, HYSweep, SonarMap, Autocad and other related 3D software programs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (per company insurance requirements).
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card and CSTS-09 Certificate.
- Proficiency and experience in AutoCAD and other related software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with both eye and laser levels.
The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the essential functions, while providing the highest quality construction services and products safely, effectively and efficiently to ensure JJM Construction’s principle of “Building to Last” endures for future generations.
Health and Safety
- Strictly adhere to the JJM Construction OHS Manual.
- Follow JJM Construction safe work practices and safe job procedures.
- Follow the BC Occupational Health and Safety and Transport Canada Regulations.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our people, clients, subcontractors, and the public.
Operational Performance and Best Practices
- Observe user level maintenance of positioning and geophysical equipment and sensors.
- Configure and operate various hydrographic and navigation instrumentations including, but not limited to: winches, coring equipment, side scan sonar, single beam echo sounders, multi-beam sonar, temperature/salinity sensors, magnetometers, sub-bottom profilers, GPS, DGPS, USBL, RTK and other systems as required.
- Perform, under supervision, equipment calibration, data collection, and data quality.
- Manage and perform field surveys.
- Plan, direct and conduct surveys to establish and mark property boundaries.
- Work with Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Robotic Total Station survey for construction layout and record of measurement.
- Preparation and quality control of field data acquisition.
- Responsible for log entries and maintenance of work logs or records sufficient for quality assurance.
- Ability to configure and operate land survey equipment (Total Stations, Level, RTK and Static GPS), including troubleshooting techniques.
- Basic maintenance and repair of systems in the field as well as in the office tech shop.
- Work independently and efficiently to carry out assignments from start to finish, meeting client commitments in a timely and accurate manner and within budget constraints.
- Use computer operating systems and specialized software efficiently.
- Review all safe work practices and procedures associated with the job prior to ask execution.
- Carry out work in a manner that will not jeopardize own/others safety.
- Lead by example.
- Wear, and participate in the ongoing training of, the required PPE for the position/task at hand.
- Perform housekeeping tasks and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.